Our performance in ensuring students are equipped with the knowledge, skills and training required to excel in regional, national and international case competitions, and earn prestigious grants, bursaries and scholarships.
- Hosted and organized by Telfer students and alumni, our school’s 90-member team earned ten trophies at the Jeux du commerce 2011. Most notably, the Telfer team claimed the Academic Cup, as top school in the competition’s academic activities, for the fourth consecutive year. Our students also earned first-place finishes in the debate, entrepreneurship case and international management case portions of the event, and finished second overall. Many thanks to the principal sponsor for the 2011 games, TD Assurance Meloche Monnex.
Participants from various schools who took part in Jeux du commerce 2011 hosted by the Telfer School.
- A team of Telfer School students won first place overall for the second consecutive year at Symposium GRH, an interuniversity competition that measures the knowledge and skills of students in human resources management. In addition to earning top overall honours, members of the Telfer team triumphed in the competition’s negotiation case and HR management case.
Telfer Symposium GRH Team “1st Place Overall”
- Alan Auyeung, Sara Rahme, Marco Tundo and Heather Whyte—a team of engineering and Telfer School students—earned a $4,000 scholarship as winners of the second annual Strat24 Case Competition. Organized by the Telfer Student Council and SolPowered Energy Corporation, the 24-hour contest saw eight teams compete to put together the best response to a live case study on sustainable business.
- The team of Jen Butson, Jennifer Hawryliw, Geoffrey Kedvessy, Jonathan Ledoux and Brennan Loh won this year’s Consumer Behaviour Competition. Sponsored by Proctor & Gamble, the case study competition saw 24 teams of Telfer School marketing students present their analysis and recommendations related to an actual marketing management case.
- A team of 38 students represented the Telfer School at the 2011 Happening Marketing competition. Telfer School marketing students earned third-place finishes in the international marketing and business-to-business portions of the competition.
Academic high achievers
- Four Telfer BCom students who specialize in marketing took advantage of $4,000 scholarships from Ontario Global Edge Program to spend semesters working overseas.
- Five students of the Telfer School’s Master of Science in Management program and Master of Science in Health Systems program—Christine Fahim, Andrea Ghazzawi, Tyler Laramore, Alex Mitchell, Seyed Izad Shenas—earned scholarships from the Ontario Graduate Scholarships Program. The prestigious provincial program, which recognizes top-ranked graduate students, provided $15,000 for each student.