Student Services Centre
55 Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa ON K1N 6N5
Five big advantages
Five big advantages
Five. That’s the number of big advantages the Telfer BCom has over all other undergraduate business programs in Canada.
1. We’re accredited by the world’s top ranking organizations
Join the best. The Telfer BCom is the flagship undergraduate program of the Telfer School of Management. Our school has earned accreditations from the three most demanding ranking organizations in the world—AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS—placing us in the top one percent of the world’s business schools. At the same time, we’re proud to be a core component of the University of Ottawa. Our university is a multicultural learning and research environment that welcomes students and professors from around the world to study and teach in English, French or both.
2. We’re committed to giving you a complete education
Go far beyond classrooms, textbooks and lecture halls. Our program combines a variety of teaching methods to give you a rich, textured learning experience. The Telfer BCom’s learning experiences encompass real-life case studies, directed readings and business simulations. We also give you numerous opportunities throughout the school year to access the insights and advice of accomplished entrepreneurs, leading executives and notable government officials.
3. We specialize in personal and career development
Discover your best you. Our program’s students enjoy full access to the Telfer School Student Services Centre, including the specialized Career Centre. This distinctive student resource provides you with a variety of services and tools you can use to strengthen your personal skills, experience international business firsthand, uncover your ideal profession, accelerate your job search, and launch yourself on the path toward a successful, meaningful career.
4. We encourage undergraduate students to have a rewarding experience
Have some fun. Our program makes it possible for you to hone your skills, expand your knowledge, gain practical experience and enjoy yourself by participating in 11 student clubs, engaging in case competitions, raising funds for charitable causes and taking advantage of leadership development activities.
5. We call Ottawa home
Live and study in an incredible city. We’re located just a short walk from Parliament Hill, in the heart of Ottawa. A vibrant city full of friendly people, Ottawa offers great theatres and concerts, several national museums, exquisite international cuisine and world-renowned festivals in both English and French. Combining the best of big-city bustle and small-town serenity, Canada’s capital exudes a charm that is seldom found anywhere else in the world. So it’s no surprise to us that MoneySense has consistently ranked Ottawa as one if the best cities to live in Canada, including a first-place ranking the past two years.
- We are actively seeking new International Career mentors for the 2014-2015 academic year
- The Telfer School’s Executive MBA program represented at Startup Canada Day on the Hill
- George Langill named the Chair of the City of Ottawa’s Innovation Advisory Board
- Collaboration with German Fraunhofer Institute Enables Joint Exploration of Innovation Systems ...
- CGA-AGRC Concludes Year With Very Successful Public Lecture
- Telfer Students Shine in the Fall 2013 CGA Ontario Intopia Strategy Simulation