Thursday, January 25, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The biggest networking event of the year for all Telfer students is back!
You are invited to attend Telfer Networks, the annual winter networking event!
This event provides undergraduate students of all years an opportunity to meet a variety of employers who are looking for part-time, summer, contract, or full-time employees.
Get on-site career help: Chat with a career counsellor, have your resumé looked over by an advisor, learn about Career Centre services, and get your professional headshot taken at the LinkedIn photo booth!
Why attend Telfer Networks?
- Meet prospective employers: Practice networking while finding out directly from employers which skills, academic backgrounds and qualifications they are looking for. Discover which employers are interested in your skill set.
- In-person contact: A piece of paper (resumé) can easily be ignored, but meeting a prospective employer in person will put a face to your application and give you a chance to stand out from the crowd!
- Learn about an industry: Explore and learn more about diverse industries and various organizations that may interest you. Compare different corporate cultures and get a sense of where you would best fit.
- Gain confidence: Networking with employers will improve your ability to quickly build rapport with a person. Use this chance to demonstrate your interpersonal and communication skills as well as your professional etiquette.
Preparing for a Telfer Networking Event
Does the thought of meeting prospective employers stress you out? Attend this short reminder workshop designed to help you establish what to do before, during and after the event to present yourself professionally and make a positive first impression on potential employers.
For more support, please visit the Marketing Yourself section of the Career Centre website.
List of participating employers:
- BDO Canada
- Brookfield Renewable
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Canadian Commercial Corporation
- Desjardins Group
- Enterprise Holdings
- Ernst & Young
- Giant Tiger
- IFS | Mxi Technologies
- Lockheed Martin Canada
- MD Financial Management
- PepsiCo Foods Canada - Frito Lay
- Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Sherwin-Williams Canada
- TD Canada
- Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- And more to come!
- Thursday, January 25, 2018
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Telfer School of Management
Camille-Villeneuve Room (DMS 4101)
55 Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
View on Google Maps
- Target Audience:
- All Telfer undergraduate students
- Event Language:
- Dress Code:
- Professional attire
- Please contact us by January 18, 2018 if you have any particular accessibility requirements.
- RSVP deadline:
- Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 10:00 a.m.