Accreditations and Rankings
The Telfer School of Management is one of only 2 business schools in Canada and one of less than 70 business schools in the world to have achieved the triple crown of accreditations.
International business school accreditations ensure that students are receiving a top quality education. An accredited institution attracts not only higher quality students but it also provides great research opportunities, and allows for global recognition.
The Telfer School of Management at the University of Ottawa is accredited by the following organizations:
- AACSB: AACSB International accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. The Telfer School of Management received AACSB accreditation in 2003.
- AMBA: The Association for MBAs (AMBA) is a UK-based organization that promotes high-quality graduate education in business. AMBA accreditation confirms that a school's MBA is both of the highest quality and relevant to the changing world of business. The Telfer School of Management was accredited by AMBA in 2005.
- EQUIS: EQUIS, run by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), is the leading international system of quality assessment, improvement and accreditation of higher education institutions in management and business administration. Its fundamental objective is to raise the standard of management education worldwide. The Telfer School of Management received EQUIS accreditation in 2009.
- HRPAO: The Telfer School of Management's Human Resource Management courses are accredited by the Human Resources Professionals Association of Ontario (HRPAO). Our human resources students will now have their academic courses counted as credit toward their CHRPTM designation.
CHRP is a trademark of HRPAO and used under license. Licensing does not equate to program review, approval or endorsement.
The Telfer School of Management at the University of Ottawa is ranked in these global surveys:
- QS Top MBA 2014-15 Business School Report
Every year, QS surveys top employers and asks them from what schools they would like to recruit MBA graduates. The Telfer School of Management emerged as one of the elite regional schools and is consistently among the top 10 most competitive MBA programs in the nation. The full ranking is available online.
- The Princeton Review’s Best Business Schools
The Telfer School of Management was recognized as an outstanding business school by the 2016 Edition of The Princeton Review. In fact, year after year since 2005, we are featured as a leading business school worldwide. This recognition highlights the Telfer School international outreach and its strong world-wide reputation. The full ranking is available online.
- Eduniversal "Best Masters Ranking"
Four of the Telfer School of Management’s programs have been ranked by Eduniversal in their Best Masters Ranking 2016. The MBA has been ranked as #8 worldwide in the Best Masters in General Management Global Ranking. Our MBA-JD program, offered with the Faculty of Law, has been ranked #32 in the Best Masters in Business and Commercial Law Global Ranking. Our Engineering Management Program (MEng) an interdisciplinary program jointly offered through the Telfer School and the Faculty of Engineering ranked #12 in the Best Masters in Engineering and Project Management Global Ranking. And the MSc in E-business Technologies, offered by the Faculty of Engineering, in collaboration with the Telfer School of Management, the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS), the Faculty of Law, and the Faculty of Arts, ranked #20 in the Best Masters in E-Business Global Rankings. Click here to access the Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking
- Canadian Business
- The Telfer MBA has been ranked in second place in the 2016 Canadian Business Value Ranking, which ranks the ten best MBAs in the country on the value they offer and the return on investment they provide. Click here for the full Canadian Business ranking.
- Corporate Knights
The Telfer School of Management ranks in 5th position for its Undergraduate Business Program (BCom) and in 8th position for its MBA Program in the 2011 Corporate Knight School survey of Canadian Business Schools. This survey identified schools that infused social and environmental impact management into their curricula.
- ReportED Global Business School Ranking
In the 2006 ReportED Global Business School Ranking, the Telfer School of Management has been ranked 70th in the world and 6th among Canadian universities, for its MBA program.
- Financial Times MBA Rankings
The Telfer School of Management has ranked among the Financial Times Top 150 business schools (2004-2007).
- Financial Times EMBA Rankings
The University of Ottawa Executive MBA program ranked 87th globally in the 2007 Financial Times EMBA Rankings. The program was also ranked 15th in the world and one of the top schools in Canada for international course experience and content.
Student Competition Successes
Each year, Telfer School students participate in a number of inter-university academic competitions. Some of the most recent accomplishments are:
- Jeux du commerce: We have a long history of success at JDC and won the academic cup for the sixth time in seven years in January 2014.
- Symposium GRH: For the third consecutive year (2009, 2010 & 2011), the Telfer School delegation won first place overall at Eastern Canada’s premiere Human Resources case competition.
- Happening Marketing: In March 2012, the Telfer School of Management delegation brought home three 1st place trophies as well as a 2nd place trophy.
- MBA Games: In 2012, Telfer School students placed 1st in the Finance Case, 2nd in the Spirit, Academic and Mini-Cup categories as well as 3rd in the Marketing Case.
- TATA Sustainability Cup: For the 2nd time in 7 years, Telfer School students won the 2011 TATA Sustainability Cup hosted by Ryerson University’s Ted Rogers School of Management.