Accreditations and Rankings
The Telfer School of Management is one of only 2 business schools in Canada and one of less than 50 business schools in the world to have achieved the triple crown of accreditations.
International business school accreditations ensure that students are receiving a top quality education. An accredited institution attracts not only higher quality students but it also provides great research opportunities, and allows for global recognition.
The Telfer School of Management at the University of Ottawa is accredited by the following organizations:
- AACSB: AACSB International accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. The Telfer School of Management received AACSB accreditation in 2003.
- AMBA: The Association for MBAs (AMBA) is a UK-based organization that promotes high-quality graduate education in business. AMBA accreditation confirms that a school's MBA is both of the highest quality and relevant to the changing world of business. The Telfer School of Management was accredited by AMBA in 2005.
- EQUIS: EQUIS, run by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), is the leading international system of quality assessment, improvement and accreditation of higher education institutions in management and business administration. Its fundamental objective is to raise the standard of management education worldwide. The Telfer School of Management received EQUIS accreditation in 2009.
HRPAO: The Telfer School of Management's Human Resource Management courses are accredited by the Human Resources Professionals Association of Ontario (HRPAO). Our human resources students will now have their academic courses counted as credit toward their CHRPTM designation.
CHRP is a trademark of HRPAO and used under license. Licensing does not equate to program review, approval or endorsement.
The Telfer School of Management at the University of Ottawa is ranked in these global surveys:
- The Princeton Review’s Best Business Schools
The Telfer School of Management has been recognized as an outstanding business school by The Princeton Review. In fact, the organization featured 296 leading business schools, out of which only 16 are located outside of the United States. As a result, this recognition highlights the Telfer School international outreach and its strong world-wide reputation. The Telfer School has been included in the Princeton Review's ranking of top business schools since 2005. Click here for more information.
- Eduniversal "Top Business School / 4 Palmes"
The Telfer School of Management has been ranked in the category “Top Business School / 4 Palmes” by Eduniversal, recognizing the school as “internationally known”. It has also been recognized for the The M.Sc. in Management (MSc) program as one of Canada’s top 5 graduate General Management programs and secured a place in North America’s top 10. Furthermore, the Engineering Management Program (MEng) an interdisciplinary program jointly offered through the Telfer School and the faculty of engineering was recognized as the best graduate program in the Engineering and Project Management category in Ontario, 2nd in Canada and it placed at the 11th position in North America, making this innovative program a reference in the country. The Eduniversal Ranking is described as a unique service providing students, professionals, HR executives and academic officers with a panorama of the best educational opportunities worldwide.
Click here for more information.
The Telfer School of Management ranks in 5th position for its Undergraduate Business Program (BCom) and in 8th position for its MBA Program in the 2011 Corporate Knight School survey of Canadian Business Schools. This survey identified schools that infused social and environmental impact management into their curricula. Click here to read the report
ReportED Global Business School Ranking
In the 2006 ReportED Global Business School Ranking, the Telfer School of Management has been ranked 70th in the world and 6th among Canadian universities, for its MBA program.
Financial Times MBA Rankings
The Telfer School of Management has ranked among the Financial Times Top 150 business schools (2004-2007).
Financial Times EMBA Rankings
The University of Ottawa Executive MBA program ranked 87th globally in the 2007 Financial Times EMBA Rankings. The program was also ranked 15th in the world and one of the top schools in Canada for international course experience and content.
Student Competition Successes
Each year, Telfer School students participate in a number of inter-university academic competitions. Some of the most recent accomplishments are:
- Jeux du commerce: In January 2012, the Telfer School delegation was crowned champion of the Jeux du commerce competition. The students brought home 10 trophies including the Academic Cup for the fifth consecutive year as well as the Sport Cup.
- Symposium GRH: For the third consecutive year (2009, 2010 & 2011), the Telfer School delegation won first place overall at Eastern Canada’s premiere Human Resources case competition.
- Happening Marketing: In March 2012, the Telfer School of Management delegation brought home three 1st place trophies as well as a 2nd place trophy.
- MBA Games: In 2012, Telfer School students placed 1st in the Finance Case, 2nd in the Spirit, Academic and Mini-Cup categories as well as 3rd in the Marketing Case.
- TATA Sustainability Cup: For the 2nd time in 7 years, Telfer School students won the 2011 TATA Sustainability Cup hosted by Ryerson University’s Ted Rogers School of Management.
May 25, 2013
MBAA Great Glebe Garage Sale
May 28, 2013
Alumni lunch with Ian Telfer in Vancouver
May 29, 2013
Alumni Reception in Calgary
June 6, 2013
2013 New Graduates' Reception
September 13, 2013
19th Annual Telfer School of Management Golf Tournament