“The Telfer School is the space in which you create your future through the competencies, confidence and convictions we help you develop and the knowledge, connections and support we provide.”
Our mission is to launch and accelerate management careers and influence sustainable organizational performance through the leadership of our graduates and the impact of our researchers.
Specifically, we will achieve this mission by:
- Building on the foundation of our unique location in a G8 Capital, our association with uOttawa, our bilingual heritage and our broad, multi-cultural diversity.
- Developing our Strategic Areas of Expertise into distinctive, world class learning and discovery platforms that strengthen the School’s reputation.
- Helping our students develop a global mindset and providing them with a real-life, hands-on learning experience that is inspired by the research we do and supported by our connections.
- Engaging with and learning from Canadian and International leaders who have transformed their lives, organizations and communities.
- Building strong relationships with organizations and communities to better understand the challenges they face and the value we can offer.
- Committing to a global standard of excellence through international accreditation and continuous improvement
T – Teamwork: collaboration and collegiality
E – Excellence: in teaching, research and career support
L – Leadership: through learning, discovery and development
F – Fun: spirit, pride and balance
E – Engagement: with students, faculty, staff and the community
R – Responsibility: integrity, service, social responsibility, sustainability
Standard of Conduct
The Telfer School of Management’s culture and standard of conduct is based on strong shared values as described above. We aspire to draw on, among others, the principles of pride, respect, integrity and sustainability to guide our members’ actions and interactions.
The Telfer School provides a well-rounded and outstanding education along with unique opportunities for experiential learning. Through excellence in both teaching and research, professors of the Telfer School consistently strive to make significant contributions to several management disciplines, and students are able to experience an enriching bilingual learning environment. The Telfer School instils in all its members a sense of professionalism anchored in preparedness, punctuality and conscientiousness.
The Telfer School values and fosters teamwork and collegiality, seeking to attract a diverse population both nationally and internationally. In turn, these values will be reflected in the creation of a community where approachability and availability of all members is clear and evident.