Trudeau Medal Winners - Derek Beckley (MHA 1978)President, The Genus Group Inc.
With over 30 years of senior professional experience in the healthcare industry, Derek Beckley is a tenacious, strategic and insightful leader acknowledged as an experienced and accomplished capital management professional. He devises and initiates positive change to reduce costs, optimize facility use and achieve operational excellence. An expert communicator, he positions compelling proposals to decision-makers at the highest level, establishes high performance standards and acts as a conduit between multiple stakeholders to resolve and remove barriers hindering progress.
He is currently working on projects with Alberta Health Services, Alberta Infrastructure, the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and the Local Health Integration Networks. Mr. Beckey has a Masters in Health Administration from the University of Ottawa and a Bachelor of Science (Molecular Physics) from McMaster University.
He is a member of the American Institute of Strategic Planning, the Institute of Management Consultants, the Project Management Institute and the American College of Health Service Executives.
- Julia Koulik was named among six of Canada’s top emerging health-care professionals and awarded the Robert Wood Johnson Award
- David Wright, with uOttawa Colleagues, Will Investigate ROI of Next-Generation Solar Cell Technologies
- Muriel Mignerat Awarded Best Paper Award for Study on the Use of Telecare for Diabetic Patients
- Brian Conheady was awarded 2nd Place in the Howard Teall Innovation in Accounting Education Award Competition
- In Memoriam: Professor Peter Koppel
June 19, 2013
Calgary - Be Part of the Energy
June 24, 2013
Memorial Service for Professor Peter Koppel
June 27, 2013
Thesis Proposal of M.Sc. Student Emily Rowland
September 13, 2013
19th Annual Telfer School of Management Golf Tournament
October 26, 2013
2013 Gala of Excellence