MHA Alumni Association Presentation and Annual General Meeting
Thursday, January 25, 2018, 4:45 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
WHERE ARE OUR MUNICIPALITIES IN THE HEALTH TRANSFORMATION AGENDA?
Municipalities have a profound impact on the health of their populations through their responsibilities for service delivery in direct health services as part of the local health care scene. These include first responders, public health and Emergency Measures and in several of the key determinants of health such as transportation, housing, economic development, social services, and recreation.
But where are the municipalities when we look at our health systems and their integration into the planning and delivery of services to meet population health needs? This panel discussion will attempt to shed light on this dilemma—its current state and what should happen to address this perceived gap.
We have assembled a learned panel of outstanding representatives:
- Chantale LeClerc, CEO Champlain LHIN;
- Steve Kanallekos, City Manager, City of Ottawa; and
- Jeff Polowin, Senior V-P, Hill + Knowlton Strategies Canada.
This is a must attend event in the history of the evolution of our health systems.
This event has been planned in partnership with:
- the Canadian College of Health Leaders (Eastern Ontario Chapter);
- Emerging Health Leaders (Ottawa Node); and
- the MHA Students’ Association, uOttawa.
Date: Thursday January 25th, 2018
Time: 4:45 - 8:00 pm (including a very short MHAAA Annual General Meeting)
Location: Telfer School of Management, Desmarais Building, 55 Laurier Avenue East, Room 12102, 12th Floor
Cost: No charge but you MUST register online by January 22, 2017.
4:45 pm to 5 :20 pm REGISTRATION, NETWORKING and LIGHT MEAL
5:20 pm to 5:30 pm MHAAA AGM and PRESIDENT’S REPORT
(MHAAA President Lesley Ng)
5 :30 pm to 7:30 pm SPECIAL PANEL PRESENTATION : «WHERE ARE OUR MUNICIPALITIES IN THE HEALTH TRANSFORMATION AGENDA? »
- Chantale LeClerc, CEO Champlain LHIN
- Steve Kanallekos, City Manager, City of Ottawa
- Jeff Polowin, Senior V-P Hill + Knowlton Strategies Canada
7:30 pm to 8:00 pm Networking
Lesley Ng, President, MHA Alumni Association
Dr. Craig Kuziemsky, Director of the MHA Program
Sponsored by HDR Architecture and the MHA Alumni Association.
- Thursday, January 25, 2018
- 4:45 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Telfer School of Management
55 Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
View on Google Maps
- View on Google Maps
- Public transit
- Get directions on Google Maps
- RSVP deadline:
- Monday, January 22, 2018, 4:45 p.m.
Register for this event
Registration details to follow in early January.