MHA Alumni Association and MHA Program - Special Presentation
Thursday, January 25, 2018, 4:45 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The President of the Master in Health Administration Alumni Association (MHAAA) and the Director of the MHA Program, invite you to an exciting professional development and networking event for MHA Program Alumni, students, faculty, preceptors, and our health care community partners and colleagues.
WHERE ARE OUR MUNICIPALITIES IN THE HEALTH TRANSFORMATION AGENDA?
Municipalities have a profound impact on the health of their populations through their responsibilities for service delivery in direct health services as part of the local health care scene.These include first responders, public health and Emergency Measures and in several of the key determinants of health such as transportation, economic development, social services, recreation etc.
But where are the municipalities when we look at our health systems and their integration into the planning and delivery of services to meet population health needs? This panel discussion will attempt to shed light on this dilemma—its current state and what should happen to address this perceived gap.
We have assembled a learned panel of distinguished representatives:
- Chantale LeClerc, CEO Champlain LHIN;
- Steve Kanallekos, City Manager, City of Ottawa; and
- Jeff Polowin, Senior V-P, Hill + Knowlton Strategies Canada.
This is a must attend event in the history of the evolution of our health systems.
This event has been planned in partnership with:
- the Canadian College of Health Leaders (Eastern Ontario Chapter);
- Emerging Health Leaders (Ottawa Node); and
- the MHA Students’ Association, uOttawa.
- 4:45 pm to 5:20 pm
- REGISTRATION, NETWORKING and LIGHT MEAL
- 5:20 pm to 5:30 pm
MHAAA AGM and PRESIDENT’S REPORT
(MHAAA President Lesley Ng)
- 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
SPECIAL PANEL PRESENTATION :
«WHERE ARE OUR MUNICIPALITIES IN THE HEALTH TRANSFORMATION AGENDA? »
- Chantale LeClerc, CEO Champlain LHIN
- Steve Kanallekos, City Manager, City of Ottawa
- Jeff Polowin, Senior V-P Hill + Knowlton Strategies Canada
- 7:30 pm to 8:00 pm
- Thursday, January 25, 2018
- 4:45 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. (including a very short MHAAA Annual General Meeting)
- Telfer School of Management
DMS 12102 (12th Floor)
55 Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
View on Google Maps
- No charge but you MUST register online by January 22, 2017.
- View on Google Maps
- Public transit
- Get directions on Google Maps
- RSVP deadline:
- Monday, January 22, 2018, 4:45 p.m.
Register for this event
Sponsored by HDR Architecture and the MHA Alumni Association.
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION
Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 2.0 Category I credits toward their maintenance of certification requirement.