What better way to enhance your degree than continuous learning opportunities through collaboration.
Join your fellow alumni in exploring three unique topics on Emerging Trends in Leadership and Management: cybersecurity, emotional intelligence and diversity and inclusion.
Spend the evening with us by attending two of the three presentations below. We’ll end the evening with a panel discussion, and then a cocktail reception to allow you to socialize with familiar faces, and broaden your personal network.
CYBERSECURITY AND EMERGING TRENDS: IS SOMEONE GOING TO HACK MY PACEMAKER? Guest speaker: Mari Teitelbaum (MHA 2010), Vice-President, Tech. & Chief Information Officer, CHEO. There are a lot of buzz words in the area of security of health information – hacking, ransomware, phishing, spam, blockchain – and a lot of money being spent to address these challenges. This presentation will help explain why it matters (or not) to patients and providers.
- INTEGRATING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENGE TO NAVIGATE THROUGH WORKPLACE CONFLICT. Guest speaker: Manali Haridas Scott, Spiritual Wellness Coach. This presentation uses an integrated competency approach to help you develop skills to have the right mindset for success, cope with stress, and learn strategies to use your EI to resolve workplace conflicts.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. Guest speaker: Justine Hendricks (MBA 2004), Vice-President of working capital solutions (guarantee and bonding programs), Export Development Canada.
This event is open to all alumni of the Telfer School. So reach out to your former classmates and come together for an evening of learning and socializing. Seating is limited. Be sure to register fast!
- Thursday, May 24, 2018
- 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. - Registration and networking
6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. - Session 1
6:45 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. - Session 2
7:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. - Panel discussion
8:00 p.m. to 9 p.m. - Cocktail reception
- Telfer School of Management
55 Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
View on Google Maps
- Complimentary - Light refreshments will be provided.
- Please contact us by May 20, 2018 if you have any particular accessibility requirements or dietary restrictions.
- View on Google Maps
- Public transit
- Get directions on Google Maps
- RSVP deadline:
- Monday, May 21, 2018, 5:00 p.m.