CO-OP is a Work Integrated Learning Model
- A typical work terms runs from 13 to 16 weeks. Summer session typically starts May 1st.
- Students have to establish performance and learning objectives
- Students are supervised and mentored by the employer and followed by the coop office and a faculty professor
- Salaries range from $500 to $750 per week, or $8,000 to $12,000 for 16 weeks depending on the discipline. Recent salary statistics by program can be found here: http://coop.uOttawa.ca/en/employers/programs#telfer
- Tax credits are available for private sector : http://www.coop.uOttawa.ca/en/en-employer/en-emp-fund.asp
- You gain year-round access to well-motivated, qualified employees.
- You can evaluate potential full-time staff in a controlled environment, reducing your costs and risks.
- You have access to a cost-effective source of temporary employees for peak periods or special projects.
- By working with the university, you gain input into what students learn.
- You promote your organization as one that's interested in developing the potential of young people.
Accounting, Commerce, E-Business, Entrepreneurship, Finance, HR Management, International Management, Management, MIS, Marketing
Students begin their 1st work term after completing 2 years of study. This ensures you receive a well-trained and productive employee. Work terms alternate with 4 month study terms. The CO-OP program is optional, and students are admitted according to academic achievement. They are closely monitored throughout the academic and work terms, thereby ensuring our employers benefit from the best quality students.
- CO-OP Hiring Process : http://www.coop.uOttawa.ca/en/en-employer/en-emp-hiring-process.asp
- FAQs : http://www.coop.uOttawa.ca/en/en-employer/en-emp-faq.asp