Partners and Donors
The realities of the market today—the intense international competition, rapid pace of technological development, and ease with which information, investment and knowledge flow around the world—demand that business, government and academia work together to strengthen our country’s competitive capabilities. At the Telfer School of Management, we’re doing our part by generating new knowledge and developing talented leaders with the education, skills and entrepreneurial spirit to apply this new knowledge in innovative ways.
Alumni contributions to the annual campaign are vital to the Telfer School, providing much needed funding to support the Dean’s strategic priorities. Thank you to all of you who have contributed, not only financially, but also by making time to give back by engaging with the Telfer School through recruitment, mentoring and in-class speaking opportunities. Inspired by Ian Telfer’s incomparable gift, other alumni have come forward to do their part in building the future of the School.
We would like to take a moment to recognize a few alumni who have recently demonstrated their commitment to supporting the advancement of the Telfer School.
In their role as leading donors, they are helping Dean Julien attract the best students by creating much needed scholarships in support of tomorrow’s business leaders.
- Normand Fortier (BA 1963) for his generosity and for the vast amount of time and energy he contributes in support of students
- Brian (BAdm '80) & Cathy Peters, who created The Brian and Cathy Peters MHA Admission Scholarship helping the Telfer School attract the best students in this discipline (he will not attend)
- Jeffrey Smith (BAdm 78/BMgSc '79) who created The Albert and Margery Smith Scholarship in honour of his parents
- We are also proud to note that in partnership with Champions for Children, the fundraising body of the Children’s Aid Society, a Dare to Dream Bursary has recently been created at the Telfer School which will support the education of a child in care.
- The Human Resources Professionals Association-Ottawa Chapter for their ongoing support. Demonstrating their commitment to engagement here at Telfer, they continue to be active in many areas including the Leadership Challenge and the Career Centre, and have recently doubled their investment in scholarships for deserving students at Telfer
Leading Corporate Donors
Our thanks to the following companies for working to create memorable student experiences:
Donor Level 1
- CPA - Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
Donor Level 2
- Alterna Savings
- Edward Jones
- National Bank of Canada
- RBC Financial Group
- The Ottawa Hospital
- Welch LLP
Donor Level 3
- Certified Management Accountants of Ontario
- HRPA - Human Resources Professionals Association
- Logan Katz LLP
- PWC Canada
- Stonewood Group
- TD Bank Financial
The Telfer School is especially proud when we can work with alumni, in leadership roles in the community to forge lasting reciprocal partnerships. If you would like to help us achieve our vision, we would love to talk to you. Please contact,
Advancement Project Officer
(613) 562-5800 x 7412
(613) 562-5800 x 4760
Director of Advancement
(613) 562-5800 x 8045