Telfer Public Sector Leaders Program
Canada’s most successful public institutions are served by leaders that are inspired by a desire to build a better and more prosperous country. Telfer’s Public Sector Leaders Program (TPSLP) is designed to ignite your passion for leadership. You will benefit from:
- A deeper awareness of your leadership style and strengths, of the future demands on Public Service leaders and the leadership needs of your organization, workforce and partners;
- A greater sense of purpose with a committed team and stakeholders prepared to lead meaningful change; and
- A strong understanding of being a strategic and authentic leader, who aligns your work group with your organization in pursuit of broad strategic goals.
As a participant in the program you will embark on a leadership journey becoming self‐aware of your leadership capabilities, learning how to access important strategic insights and acquiring practical knowledge that you can apply both during and immediately after the program. The program design makes extensive use of group activities, discussions and peer learning groups so that there is ample time for you to reflect on, and adapt insights to your specific circumstances.
The program consists of a ½ day Orientation followed by three modules, each comprising two class days over a four‐month period. In between modules, participants will have individual assignments and sessions of with your peer learning group. Each participant will complete a 360 Assessment and have an individual debrief by a certified coach. The design is based on leading practices in executive education which underpin our many successful programs for public sector clients.
Orientation: March 1, 2018
Module 1: March 6-7, 2018
Module 2: April 11-12, 2018
Module 3: May 23-24, 2018
$7,500 + HST
A half-day Orientation followed by three modules of two days each, spread over 4 months. Each day is 8:00am – 5:00pm.
How to Register
The registration deadline is January 31, 2018.
Please fill out our online registration form.
A maximum of 24 participants will be accepted.
Please note that all applicants will be contacted for a brief telephone conversation with the Academic Director to discuss your objectives for the program.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for executives in the public sector, primarily at the EX 1-3 level (or equivalent). TPSLP is particularly appropriate for those executives who believe their career is at an inflection point and want to prepare for future challenges. Post-secondary education or equivalent professional designation is expected. Program instruction is in English, but resource materials are available also in French as much as possible.
What You Will Learn
- Awareness of leadership styles and preferences and the leadership challenges facing the public service
- Strategies for gaining influence, building engagement and nurturing partnerships
- How to design and lead focused change initiatives
- Confidence as an authentic leader, expressing and acting on your leadership goals
- How to establish and communicate strategic direction, aligned with corporate goals
You will acquire new skills, tools and insight to
- be more authentic, confident and purposeful in your leadership.
- engage and motivate teams, leading purposeful change effectively.
- be more strategic and focused in your leadership fully aligned with organizational goals
The program is led by Academic Director Glen Bailey, an Executive-in-Residence at the Telfer School of Management and a former Assistant Deputy Minister.