Powerful Executive Communication: The Art of Persuasion
This course will provide new skills that will make you a better communicator, better presenter and better leader. It equips participants with practical tools and techniques that will enhance their ability to explain, advocate and present facts and ideas in an effective and compelling manner to senior executives. It is designed to have you master the art of persuasion and practical presentation.
Next offering not yet scheduled.
$1,000 + HST
1 day, 8:30am – 5:00pm
How to register?
Fill out our online registration form.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for executives and senior managers who are called on to brief senior executives and stakeholders on important issues requiring decisions. Today’s executives face larger and larger volumes of information with less and less time to deal with it. Hence, the need for oral briefings, which are clear, concise, direct and persuasive.
What will you learn?
- How to develop a strategy for a powerful presentation
- How to craft the ideas, arguments and words and integrate them into a presentation structure
- How to use verbal and non-verbal techniques to deliver the message with maximum impact
- Practice preparing and delivering an actual briefing in class which will be videotaped and critiqued for feedback
- Practical tips and rules for preparing presentations
- Checklist of do’s and don’ts including advice on how to approach different audiences
- Guidance on how to project effectively and command a room, answering difficult questions, body language, etc.
Alvin Cader is a respected communications professional with more than 30 years of experience in communications consulting and journalism. Alvin is bilingual and equally at ease conducting communications workshops in both English and French. He is a Principal with BurkeCader Media Strategies in Ottawa.
Peter Daniel held positions with both CTV and CBC-TV in Montreal, Ottawa and Paris. He was a senior executive for communications with several federal public sector organizations as well as NATO. Recently Peter retired as Executive Vice-President, Communications and Corporate Marketing of BCE Inc. and Bell Canada. He is now a Principal at Ilian Consulting and Management in Ottawa.