Well-being for Leadership Resilience
In this full-day interactive workshop you will develop an understanding of how well-being is critical to leadership success and the overall well-being of the organization. Through evidence based research and skill development, we’ll review well-being as a leadership skill in the context of building leadership resiliency. Participants will identify emerging issues and demands of leading during times of change and explore mindful positive ways to lead by example. Participants will learn the benefits of honing well-being as a leadership skill and learn the importance and value to enhance positive mindset shift in employees across the organization through a positive psychology framework and a coaching lens. We will examine and build-on a comprehensive leadership well-being plan, and create actionable building blocks, to integrate learning.
Dates for next offering to be scheduled.
$750 + HST
How to Register
October 2-3, 2018
Our payment & cancellation policy can be found HERE.
Who Should Attend
- Leaders at all levels in public and private sector who are seeking sustainable ways to lead
- Leaders who aspire to lead and influence an organizational culture of care and wellbeing
- Leaders who know the importance of well-being, but just can’t seem to find the time or make it a priority
What You Will Learn
- 5 key areas of leadership well-being: psychological, emotional, physical, social and spiritual to foster well-being and identify activities to build on plan.
- Identify and explore ways to ‘self-care’ while maintaining focus, and build resiliency muscles as emerging leadership issues arise
- Explore a comprehensive leadership well-being plan, by putting it all together into actionable steps
- Understand how self care activities contribute to your well-being and the ability to navigate through adversity
- Role model new leadership qualities and behaviours that foster well-being, across the organization
- Learn to enhance positive mindset shift in employees through a positive psychology framework and coaching lens.
- Acquire new skills and insights to develop into a leader who instills well-being into the heart of how they lead
- Be able to role model leadership qualities & behaviours that inspire new ways of working to foster innovation and cultivate a healthier workforce
Paula Pyne is an associate and member of the Telfer Executive Programs Community of Practice.
A facilitator, leadership coach and wellbeing consultant, Paula is known for her compassionate and charismatic presence. Paula’s unique approach to leadership development begins from the inside out. She advocates a mindful style of leadership that enhances higher performance, purpose and resilience in which people thrive. She is an advocate for mindful leadership, and well-being in business and is best known for her thought leadership on these topics, facilitating workshops and leading retreats for organizations.
Outside of Telfer Executive Programs, Paula is a member of the facilitation team, with Wilfrid Laurier’s Positive Psychology Certificate Program. She also shares her wisdom and compassionate spirit online as part of the Huffington Post community and teaches yoga and meditation in her community in Ottawa, Canada.
For more information
Telfer School of Management
Centre for Executive Leadership
99 Bank Street, Suite 200
Ottawa ON K1P 6B9