You must achieve a competitive score in the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT): a minimum overall score of the 50th percentile with a minimum of the 45th percentile in verbal and quantitative. Last year's average score was 612 and the range 570-780.
Graduate Record Examinations® (GRE®): a minimum overall score of 310 with at least the 45th percentile in verbal and 40th in quantitative.
Candidates whose mother tongue is neither English nor French are required to provide evidence of proficiency in one of these languages. Candidates applying to the English MBA must submit ONE of the following to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies to confirm their English proficiency (the language test scores cannot be more than two years old as the date of application of potential entry into the MBA program):
- Proof of completion within the last five years, of a previous degree program in an English language university.
- Proof of recent prolonged residence and exercise of a profession in an English speaking country (normally at least four years over the last six years).
- A score of at least 100 (Internet-based) or 250 (computer-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- A score of at least 7 in at least three of the four Academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS) tests (Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking) and at least 6 in the fourth. The General Training IELTS test is not accepted.
- A score of at least 14 on the CANTEST, administered by the University of Ottawa, with no individual test score below 4.0, along with a score of 4.5 on the oral component of the test.
- A score of at least 68 on the Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE Academic).