Telfer MBA Program Application Checklist
In order for your admission file to be reviewed by the Telfer School of Management Admissions Committee the following tasks must be completed:
- Complete the OUAC application form online at www.grad.uOttawa.ca/apply. Your application will be transmitted once you have paid the $100 fee.
- Provide in a sealed envelope a recent official transcript from each university institution you attended.
- To accelerate the admission process, an electronic copy of your transcripts can be temporarily accepted until we receive your official copies. Please upload them via the Admission Portal uoDoc that can be found in your uoZone.
- Provide official proof of degrees (if not indicated on the transcript).
- Transcripts from non-Canadian and non-American institutions should include the grading scale (often found at bottom or back of the transcript. If not, you need to obtain it from your school). If the transcript is not in English or French, a certified translation (signed and stamped/sealed) must be submitted.
- Candidates who completed their studies in China must ask the China Academic Degrees & Graduate Education Development Center to assess the authenticity of their degrees and transcripts. For details, visit http://cqv.chinadegrees.cn/en/.
Note: Transcripts from the University of Ottawa will be requested by our office.
- Upload via the Admission Portal uoDoc an electronic copy of your curriculum vitae (resume).
- Outline your managerial and professional experience, and any pertinent volunteer work.
- Add your two referees’ contact information in the Admission Portal checklist. The referees should be an employer or professional contact.
- Once the online application has been submitted, you will receive by email your uoAccess ID and password within 3 to 5 days.
- This ID and password will allow you to log in to the uoZone student portal where you can access your admission file via the uoZone “Applications” tab and enter the contact information of your referees.
- Upload via the Admission Portal uoDoc an electronic copy of your letter of intent (cover letter). State your reasons for pursuing a graduate program, your contribution to the program given your background and experience. The letter should be at least 500 words.
- Provide the official admission test scores (GMAT or GRE).
- Request that official GMAT or GRE test results be sent directly to the Telfer Graduate Office.
- The GMAT department code is 4BZ-76-75 (MBA) and 4BZ-76-78 (MHA).
Note: The TAGE MAGE will not be accepted.
- If applicable, provide your official language proficiency test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, CanTEST, etc.).
- To be valid, the test score must be less than two years old at the time of application.
- Request that your official test scores be sent directly to the Telfer Graduate Office.
- The TOEFL department code is 02.
- The institution code is 0993.
Note: Please provide only one copy per required document (electronic or paper).
Application Deadline (complete file)
- International: February 1
- Canadian and American: May 15
Candidates who have submitted a complete application, by January 1 for International candidates and February 15 for Canadian and American candidates will be eligible for an application fee reimbursement. This reimbursement of $100 is only available to those who are admitted and enroled in the MBA and will be given in September.
Please have all hard copy documents delivered to the following address:
55 Laurier Avenue East, Room 4160
Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5 Canada
613-562-5884 - telfer.uOttawa.ca