Telfer School of Management
55 Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa ON K1N 6N5
Tel: (613) 562-5884
Toll Free: 1-(800) 965-5512
Fax: (613) 562-5912
Making a difference
Making a difference
Health systems are dynamic systems that are constantly expected to provide more services with the same or fewer resources. Ensuring we can meet the healthcare needs of all citizens requires talented researchers who undertake original studies to bring about transformative changes. These people not only expand our understanding and knowledge of health systems, but also use their findings to develop solutions that make a fundamental difference in the way healthcare services are delivered.
At the Telfer School of Management, we fully understand the dramatic influence these researchers and their work has on the lives of patients, the work of healthcare providers and the direction of healthcare. We also recognize the urgent need for more qualified health-systems researchers. That is why we created our Master of Science in Health Systems.
Prepare to excel in a challenging field
The only one of its kind in Canada, our program equips students to embark on rewarding careers in top research-intensive institutions or in the research arms of the organizations that make up modern healthcare. We put you on a path to become a productive health-systems researcher:
- by ensuring you possess the latest knowledge, gain essential research skills and have access to hands-on research training
- by creating a learning environment that enables you to interact closely with leading health-systems researchers
- by making it possible for you to customize your study and concentrate on the areas of health-systems research that interest you most
Embrace the multi-disciplinary nature of health-systems research
The Telfer Master of Science in Health Systems also draws on leading research faculty from the Telfer School, from across the University of Ottawa, and from local healthcare institutions. These experts make sure our students are exposed to a wide range of research methodologies and perspectives.
Equipped with this intellectual range and depth, students can examine healthcare challenges from a variety of viewpoints, gain a true sense of these challenges, conduct informed research and uncover findings that can be used by healthcare managers to solve pressing problems.
Start your journey here
Are you ready to take your first big step toward a rewarding career in health-systems researcher? Start your journey here:
- Take a closer look at what our program offers you
- Learn about our unique Health Systems Research Internship
- Meet some of our students, and the research experts that make up our faculty
- Examine our admission requirements
- Look into our tuition fees
- Understand the application process and deadlines
- Find information on awards and financial support
- Discover the Research Office — a distinctive resource that supports our students
- Take advantage of other resources and opportunities to learn even more about our program
Prepare to excel in a challenging field. Get ready to make a difference in modern healthcare. Choose the Telfer Master of Science in Health Systems.
- Bringing a Business History Perspective to Management
- Telfer Executive MBA Class in Silicon Valley: Student Blog
- Father Edgar Thivierge Speaker Series Event a Huge Success!
- Telfer Alumni in the 2013 OBJ Forty Under 40
- The "myTelfer.ca" Portal is Relaunched
- Telfer School Professors Present Their Research at European Accounting Association Congress in Paris