Telfer School of Management
University of Ottawa
55, Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa (Ontario) K1N 6N5
Tel.: (613) 562-5800 x 2986
Fax: (613) 562-5164
Send us an email
New NSERC Funding for Data-Driven Study of Information Worker Productivity
Jacomo Corbo will investigate the “Social and Economic Effects of Information Propagation in Large Networks” using a grant from the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC).
His research will map the flow of information in real organizations over time and will combine economic theories of production with social network theory to estimate the effects of information diffusion on the productivity of individuals and teams. It will utilize data on information flow and interactions within organizations and on online social networks to develop general predictive models of behaviour in settings with local network effects.
The objectives of the project are to estimate and enhance the productivity of information workers; to model, measure and improve organizational performance and our ability to forecast organizational behaviours; and to improve performance-related intervention strategies in information-networked environments.
Canada Research Chair in information and performance management since October 2011, Corbo actively participates in the IBM Centre for Business Analytics and Performance, at the Telfer School of Management. He will receive $95,000 from NSERC over five years.
Last updated: April 30, 2012
- Health Systems Research Seminar Series presents: "What Are the Implications of the Lack of a Dedicated Health Workforce Agency in Canada?"
- Thesis Defence of Asha Gajaria, M.Sc. in Health Systems Candidate
- Health Systems Research Seminar Series presents: "Evolutionary Feature Synthesis for Clinical Decision Support Based on Medical Imaging"
- New Health Systems Research Cluster Created with $120,000 Grant from MITACS, IBM
- Doug Angus an Invited Expert at International Workshop on Franchising in Health Services
December 6, 2013
Health Systems Research Seminar with Krzysztof Krawiec
December 9, 2013
Thesis Defence of Asha Gajaria, M.Sc. in Health Systems Candiate
December 11, 2013
Health Systems Research Seminar with Ivy Lynn Bourgeault
December 13, 2013
Management Research Seminar with Benson Honig
December 13, 2013
Thesis Defence of Javier Fiallos, M.Sc. in Health Systems Candidate