Telfer School of Management
University of Ottawa
55, Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa (Ontario) K1N 6N5
Tel.: (613) 562-5800 x 2986
Fax: (613) 562-5164
Send us an email
Sylvain Durocher Awarded CGA-Canada/CAAA Grant
Sylvain Durocher has been awarded a $10,000 grant from CGA-Canada and the Canadian Academic Accounting Association (CAAA) to research “Comprehensive Income Information: A User’s Perspective.” Dr. Durocher, Logan Katz Fellow and Associate Professor at the Telfer School, focuses his research on accounting standard-setting, studying it from different theoretical perspectives.
His new project, with Anne Fortin of the Department of Accounting at Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), will examine the use of comprehensive income information by financial statement users. It will also assess whether the reporting format can have an impact on their judgments and decisions. To date there is limited empirical evidence about the actual use of OCI by financial statement users in their financial analyses.
The researchers will add to the debate on comprehensive income, enrich the literature comparing professional and nonprofessional investors, provide valuable data on the impact of the two current reporting formats on users’ judgments and decisions, and contribute new insights on the impact of actuarial gains and losses – an important OCI item – on users’ judgments and decisions.
Last updated: May 10, 2012
- Telfer School Professors Present Their Research at European Accounting Association Congress in Paris
- Pavel Andreev Awarded NSERC Grant for Research on the Performance of Healthcare Teams
- Sandra Schillo and Diane Isabelle are the 2013 recipients of the Telfer-Sprott Research Fund
- Morad Benyoucef Receives a $75,000 Grant For His Research On Social Commerce
- Dan Lane to Contribute to First UN Global Ocean Assessment