Telfer School of Management
University of Ottawa
55, Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa (Ontario) K1N 6N5
Tel.: (613) 562-5800 x 2986
Fax: (613) 562-5164
Send us an email
Sylvain Durocher Awarded CGA-Canada/CAAA Grant
Sylvain Durocher has been awarded a $10,000 grant from CGA-Canada and the Canadian Academic Accounting Association (CAAA) to research “Comprehensive Income Information: A User’s Perspective.” Dr. Durocher, Logan Katz Fellow and Associate Professor at the Telfer School, focuses his research on accounting standard-setting, studying it from different theoretical perspectives.
His new project, with Anne Fortin of the Department of Accounting at Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), will examine the use of comprehensive income information by financial statement users. It will also assess whether the reporting format can have an impact on their judgments and decisions. To date there is limited empirical evidence about the actual use of OCI by financial statement users in their financial analyses.
The researchers will add to the debate on comprehensive income, enrich the literature comparing professional and nonprofessional investors, provide valuable data on the impact of the two current reporting formats on users’ judgments and decisions, and contribute new insights on the impact of actuarial gains and losses – an important OCI item – on users’ judgments and decisions.
Last updated: May 10, 2012
- Thesis Defence of Asha Gajaria, M.Sc. in Health Systems Candidate
- Thesis Defence of Vicki Sabourin, M.Sc. in Health Systems Candidate
- Health Systems Research Seminar Series presents: "Evolutionary Feature Synthesis for Clinical Decision Support Based on Medical Imaging"
- The CGA-Canada Accounting and Governance Research Centre's Distinguished Speaker Series presents: "Public Sector Reforms: Changing Contours on an NPM Landscape"
- New Health Systems Research Cluster Created with $120,000 Grant from MITACS, IBM
December 6, 2013
Health Systems Research Seminar with Krzysztof Krawiec
December 9, 2013
Thesis Defence of Asha Gajaria, M.Sc. in Health Systems Candiate
December 11, 2013
Health Systems Research Seminar with Ivy Lynn Bourgeault
December 13, 2013
Management Research Seminar with Benson Honig
December 13, 2013
Thesis Defence of Javier Fiallos, M.Sc. in Health Systems Candidate